The FAIR-SPACE hub aimed to further the use of AI and robotics for future space missions. As part of this project I was involved with developing techniques for security-minded verification of space systems. This involved working with colleagues at the University of Liverpool who focus on formal verification to develop hybrid methodologies that considered security aspects of space systems.
Role: Research Fellow
Duration: October 2018 – December 2019
- FAIR-SPACE Theme 5
- AeroConf News 30/03/2020
- Royal Holloway Cyber Security Hackathon 11/06/2019
- Space Security Scoping Workshop 23/01/2019
- Carsten Maple, Matthew Bradbury, Hu Yuan, Marie Farrell, Clare Dixon, Michael Fisher, and Uger Ilker Atmaca. Security-Minded Verification of Space Systems. In IEEE Aerospace Conference. Big Sky, Montana, USA, 7–14 March 2020. IEEE. doi:10.1109/AERO47225.2020.9172563.
- Matthew Bradbury, Carsten Maple, Uger Ilker Atmaca, and Sara Cannizzaro. Identifying Attack Surfaces in the Evolving Space Industry Using Reference Architectures. In IEEE Aerospace Conference. Big Sky, Montana, USA, 7–14 March 2020. IEEE. doi:10.1109/AERO47225.2020.9172785.
- Marie Farrell, Matthew Bradbury, Michael Fisher, Louise A. Dennis, Clare Dixon, Hu Yuan, and Carsten Maple. Using Threat Analysis Techniques to Guide Formal Verification: A Case Study of Cooperative Awareness Messages. In Peter Csaba Ölveczky and Gwen Salaün, editors, Software Engineering and Formal Methods, 471–490. Cham, 2019. Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-30446-1 25.
- Marie Farrell, Matthew Bradbury, Michael Fisher, and Carsten Maple. Space Security Scoping Workshop. Event Report, University of Liverpool and University of Warwick, 1st February 2019. URL: https://www.fairspacehub.org/news/2019/1/23/space-security-scoping-workshop.